The Cecchetti Council of America is dedicated to maintaining the standards and method of classical ballet training established by Cavalier Enrico Cecchetti. The CCA provides a mentored education and training which includes history, anatomy, and music instruction for member teachers. The CCA provides certification through sequential examinations for both teacher members and student candidates.
The Cecchetti Council of America is an organization dedicated to maintaining the standards and method of ballet training established by Cavalier Enrico Cecchetti. The organization uses his teachings and writings in a sequence of grades, carefully measured as to a degree of difficulty and physical development. The CCA provides a system of accredited examinations to assess the knowledge, proficiency, and quality of teacher and student candidates. As an educational organization, the CCA mentors member teachers with the purpose of raising the standard of ballet teaching throughout the United States.
- To provide a membership-based organization of teachers who are devoted to the Cecchetti body of work and systematic approach towards Classical Ballet training.
- To provide member teachers with high quality educational and reference materials.
- To keep member teachers updated on physio-anatomy which may impact the training of dancers.
- To pursue the reputation of a well-respected classical ballet training organization in the dance community.
- To provide teachers and students with professional examiners.
- To offer continuing educational training seminars, refreshers, and guidance for teachers.
- To provide dance opportunities through workshops and intensive programs for students.
- To promote and assist our professionally-bound students in reaching their goals through scholarships and pre-professional opportunities such as the CICB International Ballet Competition
- To maintain contact, share information, and participate with other Cecchetti Societies through membership in the Cecchetti International Classical Ballet Organization.