Dear Cecchetti Council of America Members,
The Cecchetti International – Classical Ballet (CICB) will sponsor the 4th International Competition which will be held on August 7 – 9, 2014 at the Carpenter Theater at Richmond Center Stage in Richmond, Virginia. Since 2005, the CICB has sponsored three competitions: the first in Australia, the second in Canada and the third in England.
We are pleased to announce that the 2014 competition will be held the USA. The CCA, one of the founding member organizations of the CICB, fully supports the organization’s purpose and goals.
The Cecchetti Council of America is looking for outstanding dancers to represent the CCA at this prestigious event and will, once again, offer scholarships to selected candidates to assist with expenses. The requirements for candidates are as follows:
- Candidate must be no younger than 15 at the onset of the competition, and no older than 19 at the onset of the competition.
- Candidate must have passed the CCA Intermediate Exam.
- Candidate must be sponsored by a Teacher Member in good standing with the CCA.
- Candidate must be a student and non-professional classical ballet dancer.
- Candidate must be accompanied and supervised by their CCA teacher member, or responsible adult/mentor throughout. This person will receive free entry to all paid events.
The CCA application requirements are as follows:
- Teacher Member should submit 4 photographs of candidate.
– A head shot, 1st arabesque en l’air, 2nd position en l’air, and attitude croise or efface.
- Teacher Member should submit two DVDs of eligible candidates:
– One of a classical variation, preferably from the list of accepted CICB variations.
– One of a contemporary piece- neo classical, contemporary, or modern genre.
– Solo’s not to exceed 3 min.
- Application must accompany DVD
- Each DVD must have candidate’s name, name of piece, choreographer, music title and composer.
- Teacher Member must include a written recommendation of candidate.
- All application requirements must be received by January 15, 2014
Please send application and DVDs to: Lee Ann King at P.O. Box 74, Manchester, MI 48158
Application and accepted repertoire list are available online at www.cecchetti.org. This competition is being hosted by Cecchetti USA (CUSA) and will be held in conjunction with the annual CUSA Summer Course. Competitors’ classes and the summer course will be housed in the professional studios of the Richmond Ballet August 3-8, 2014. Selected candidates and their coach should plan on arriving on Sunday August 3, 2014 with check in between 3-5 pm.
For more information, please contact Lee Ann King at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ann Parsley at email@example.com.
Lee Ann King and Ann Parsley
CCA Delegates to CICB